Grow It Yourself Oyster Mushroom Bucket 4L P. ParsonsiaeGKB4LT001
Grow some delicious endemic/native oyster mushrooms and help me save our fungi. This is our four litre oyster mushroom grow kit in a bucket with P. Parsonsiae.
Colour white oyster mushroom closely related to the pink flamingo oyster mushrooms. It has a meaty texture makes it best substitute for meat. Best for any vegetarian/vegan dishes.
1. Keep the bucket in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight with loads of available fresh air. It will grow quicker at around 18 °C to 22 °C.
2. Keep the tape on and refrain from opening the lid to prevent contamination. Just spray the outside with water 1 to 2 times a day. No previous growing experience required.
3. Wait for 2 to 3 weeks for mushroom to spread inside the bucket and watch your delicious oyster mushroom grow in 3 - 5 days after you see little mushroom heads popping out of the hole.
4. You will know the mushroom are ready to harvest when the edges are crinkled.
5. Do the cook test and would really appreciate if you can share your harvest/delish dishes you made on our Facebook page.
After every harvest rehydrate your grow bucket by pouring half a cup of previously boiled, luke warm water. Please be aware that each harvest thereafter usually becomes smaller; fruiting fewer and fewer mushrooms, until the bucket stops. This bucket may have second or even third flush every after 2 weeks from harvest, however we cannot guarantee this due to different growing factors.
Fruiting Life: 8 to 12 weeks
The point of these kits is just to experience the process of growing your own oyster mushrooms at home in the easiest way possible.
The quantity of mushrooms this bucket will produce will vary depending on how much you look after it, with combination of regular water spraying and lots of fresh air. Given these mushrooms are endemic/native, it will grow perfectly with NZ weather conditions.
Grow Kit Bucket size: 19 H cm X 18 W cm X 18 D cm
Colour choices are yellow, blue, red, green or white.
Thank you for the reading until the end :) Happy growing!